As one of the few board-certified orthodontists in the greater Rochester area, Dr. Wood offers comprehensive and exclusive orthodontic services to patients of all ages. Her practice includes state-of-the-art technology designed to improve patients’ entire appearance, not just straighten their teeth. Orthodontics is an artful science, and Rochester Family Orthodontics is where beautiful smiles are designed to last.
Maureen Wood, DMD
Born and raised in the greater Rochester NY area, Dr. Wood founded Rochester Family Orthodontics to serve her hometown community, with better more attentive orthodontic care. She opened the practice after previously working for larger multi-specialty dental practices and smaller private orthodontic offices.
As your orthodontist, Dr. Wood believes communication and individualized treatment are what establishes lasting relationships with patients. She listens to understand your smile goals and offers the best available solutions. Her continued education and training further patients’ comfort in her care.
In addition to educating her patients about their oral health, Dr. Wood is also a part-time clinical instructor at Eastman Institute of Oral Health, where she educates future orthodontists on the latest practices of the industry.
Education and Credentials
• Our Lady of Mercy High School, 2001
• Rochester Institute of Technology, Bachelor of Science in Biology, 2005
• University of Connecticut, School of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Dental Medicine, 2009
• University of Rochester, Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Certificate in Advance Education in General Dentistry, 2010
• University of Rochester, Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 2012
• American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate since 2016
• American Dental Association (member since 2009)
• American Association of Orthodontists (member since 2010)
• Northeastern Society of Orthodontists (member since 2010, eNews Coordinator 2016, Communications Director 2017)
• College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics (member since 2017)
• New York State Dental Association (member since 2017)
• Seventh District Dental Society (member since 2017)
• Monroe County Dental Society (member since 2017)